Miefa Akpoebi Ebikebena
Corps members serving in Odi Kolokuma-Opokuma, LGA Bayelsa State under the Medical/Charity sub-CDS group pay visit to Mr. Tarkwa Gagariga, a retired civil servant with Bayelsa State Universal Basic Education Board.
Mr. Tarkwa Gagariga has been retired since 2008 as shown in a letter dated 26th August, 2008. He is yet to be diagnosed of any ailment, but symptoms suggested so far is related to stroke coupled with the story of he being abandoned as reported by neighbours.
After a thorough clean up of the house and environment of Mr. Tarkwa Gagariga, Corps members went ahead to make some tangible donations such as:
1. Shirt (3)
2. Short (2)
3. Rice (1 paint rubber)
4 Beans (1 paint rubber)
5. Garri (1 paint rubber)
6. Groundnut oil (2 littles)
7. Palm oil (2 littles)
8. Detergent (Biggest)
9. Toothpaste (Pepsodent)
10. Tooth brush
11. Tissue paper (biggest size)
12. Maggi (1 big pack)
13. Sachet Salt (big)
14. Bathing soap (premier cool)
15. Tomato paste (1 roll)
17. Tea and Milk
18. Sachet water (3 bags)
According to the Corps members, through the current CLO, Mr. Moyosade Ridwan Olayemi, that NYSC motto is: Service and Humanity, and so the purpose of NYSC is National integration and service to humanity as a way of giving back to our communities. Sequel to this, all our humanitarian services and kindness in our little way to our host community Odi Bayelsa State is for God Almighty who is rewarder of men.
This is not the first time of doing so. In June 2019, we carried out a medical outreach in the community which over 200 people benefited, and other documented projects carried so far. Putting smiles on people’s faces especially the less privileges is our AIM and GOAL, because we are sure of God’s reward, the CLO said.
The following are the names of the Medical/Charity sub-CDS members who took part in the humanitarian service:
1. Ajana Feranmi, BY/18C/2085
2. Johnny Joyce, BY/18C/1267
3. Emmanuel Deborah, BY/18C/1337
4. Anyiema R. Ishioma, BY/18C/1203
5. Ekwueme Vivian Udoka, BY/18C/0345
6. Moyosade R. Olayemi, BY/18C/1222
7. Nnamdi U. Victoria, BY/18C/1028
8. Adigun Ismael Oladapo, BY/18C/0928
9. Okpozo E. Blessing, BY/18C/1164
10. Moses Emmanuel C., BY/18C/2491
11. Omorodion Loveth, BY/18C/3151
12. Awhopuye Bradley A., BY/18C/2001
13. Akamune O. Talenta, BY/18C/1763
14. Efedjare Merit, BY/18C/2231
15. Ekhoye O. Michael, BY/18B/1902
16. Kukogho B. Tejiri, BY/18B/2454
17. Anagor Perpetual, BY/18C/3075
18. Suleiman A. Nasiru, BY/19A/0142
19. Hicks Grace Modupe, BY/19A/1301
20. Bolarinwa Damilola, BY/19A/0911
21. Oyedemi T. Blessing, BY/19A/1318
22. Ebie Confidence C., BY/19A/1511
We the NYSC Medical/Charity sub- CDS group Odi, Kolokuma Opokuma LG Bayelsa State urges all Nigerian who can afford 3 square meal at least to make NYSC motto Service and Humanity a watchword. Let’s be a reason to someone’s joy and happiness by giving to the needy.
The Corps members call on well meaning Nigerians, NGO, Government to assist them in taking proper care of Mr. Tarkwa Gagariga, (senior citizen) medically, which ordinarily, they can’t afford the finance. There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people.